Monday, May 20, 2013

Gratitude

I have written this exact sentiment so many times, in so many poems, stories and musings, but it always sounds better when it's come from someone else. Kind of like food always tastes better when you haven't had to cook it...

This week I'm grateful for:
Supportive friends
Writing
Reading
Zelda Fitzgerald
F Scott Fitzgerald
Friends who are also awake in the middle of the night
My mum's amazing kumara soup and homemade bread
My mum
Ice skating with Miss Laura (why did we not get onto that sooner?)
The toadstool in my backyard (must be fairies too!)
Exercise
Funny people
Being "one of the boys"
Red velvet cupcakes
All types of cupcakes
People who know stuff about cars (i.e. is mine about to blow up..)
Rain
Electric blankets
Good health
Cloche hats
Old TV shows
Wise words from friends such as "I think there's something to be said for sitting with your feelings and knowing that they aren't forever and can't hurt you."
Friends with astounding wisdom
Travel plans
The fact that my brain still works at 2am
Cups of tea and biscuits

Lola K xx

2 comments: