Thursday, May 23, 2013

Thursday Thoughts

I saw this "Things to Remember" pin on Pinterest (of course) and loved it so much that I wrote it out on the blackboard in my library as a reminder. It's almost like the person who wrote it was in my head; these being so similar to my own values by which I try and live my life. Still, I always need to remind myself, particularly of 1 and 2, since I get so screwed up with shiftwork; but also 4 - sometimes I feel like I'm taking up way too much of the conversation and I can't tell if it's because the other person has nothing to say or if I'm just not letting them get a word in edgewise! And then there's 8 - "It only ends once. Everything else is just progress." 
Apparently it's a quote from Lost which I didn't watch after the first couple of seasons because I found it infuriating, but this quote strikes a chord with me. Life only ends once. Every mistake you make, every relationship split, every choice, every failed grade is just a learning curve in your journey. None of those things are the end of the world or the end of you. Thing is, we have to keep living our lives and making the most of the time we have because we never know when the true end will be. That's why you need to spend time with the people who matter most, don't reprimand yourself for feeling angry/hurt, drink heaps of tea and hold impromptu solo dance parties! And that's exactly why I love this list so much.

Go and have a cup of tea!
Lola K xx

No comments:

Post a Comment